- Research Coordinators
- Clinical Research Nurses
- Research Associates
- Research Assistants
W21C’s clinical research team provides consultative and practical support for researchers conducting sponsor-initiated or investigator-initiated clinical trials, feasibility, and pilot studies. Qualified research staff are available for hire for industry partners and investigators seeking part-time or temporary support for their research studies.
WHAT WE DO
The Clinical Trials Team provides expertise in:
- Connect with subject matter expert (PI identification)
- Protocol development
- Statistical support
- Ethics submission
- Participant recruitment and screening
- Sample collection (venipuncture & specimen processing)
- Clinical data collection and data entry
- Preparation of site Regulatory Binder
- Final Report
- Financial management; invoicing of research sponsor, processing of sponsor payments, and payment of study-related expenses.
- Contracts and budget development
- Funding application (may include preparation and maintenance of Canadian Common CV, etc.)
- Subject fee setup and payments
Multi-site support (coordinating site)
- Site identification and selection
- Site initiation training
- Data audit
- Study budget management
- Protocol activities
- Engagement with the CRO’s
- Health Canada Application
- Clinicaltrials.gov registration
Pharmacy Research Services
A hospital-based research coordinator sets-up pharmacy services for individual clinical research studies on a cost-recover basis.
Laboratory Research Services
A hospital-based research coordinator sets-up clinical laboratory services for individual clinical research studies on a cost-recover basis.
Legal Research Services
The Cumming School of Medicine’s Legal, Research services, team (CSM Legal) provides legal review of contract and agreements. The team can assist with drafting, negotiation, and execution.
Under Alberta Innovates’ The Alberta SPOR Support Unit initiative, The Pragmatic Clinical Trials Platform is building capacity in Alberta’s research community by developing resources and tools for clinical trial participation, planning and management.