The Patient Safety Podcast is aimed at anyone with an interest in patient safety from health care workers to the general public.
W21C Public Safety Podcast
The Patient Safety Podcast Series is an ongoing podcast aimed at everyone with an interest in patient safety from healthcare workers to the public. Episodes will cover a wide range of topics linked to patient safety. Each episode will be available for download from this website, the W21C website and from iTunes. Episodes can also be played online from here. A brief description of the episode as well as a biography of the author and the podcast learning objectives can be found right here on our website, just click on the episode guide in the left-hand navigation bar and then select the episode you are looking for.
The Patient Safety Podcast ran from 2013 – 2017 releasing 50 episodes. It was produced by Dr. Nishan Sharma, EdD, Garielle Brown, Lori Miller, Anna Consoli and Shea Coburn. All episodes are available for download on iTunes and Spotify.
To listen to past episodes, please visit: https://anchor.fm/w21c or click the episode titles below to listen on site.
If you have any questions related to the Patient Safety Podcast or past episodes, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Episode 1: Principles for Guiding the Management of Safety and Quality in Healthcare
- Episode 2: The Role of the Personal Health Record in Patient Safety
- Episode 3: Physician Wellness: Fundamental for Doctors, Vital for Patients
- Episode 4: Hand Washing – Don’t Leave Home Without It!
- Episode 5: Responding Appropriately to Adverse Events
- Episode 6: The Importance of Measurement in Patient Safety
- Episode 7: Improving Patient Safety by Using Patient-Reported Outcomes Measures (PROMs) in Routine Clinical Practice
- Episode 8: Monitoring Perioperative Mortality 30 Days After Common Surgical Procedures
- Episode 9: Continuing the Conversation: Optimizing the use of Advance Care Planning Tools
- Episode 10: The Role of Education in Promoting Patient Safety in Bedside Procedural Skills: The Unsung Hero
- Episode 11: Thinking About Patient Safety in the Domain of Surgical Care
- Episode 12: Smoking and Surgery- Perceptions, Realities, and Opportunity
- Episode 13: Engaging Academic Faculty in Quality Improvement
- Episode 14: How to Reduce Overcrowding and Waiting lists
- Episode 15: Patient Safety for Internal Medicine Residents Using High-Fidelity Human Patient Simulation: Why and How
- Episode 16: Patients as Partners in Patient Safety
- Episode 17: Disclosure of Harm
- Episode 18: Dealing with Uncertainty in Medicine
- Episode 19: Designing Optimal Care: The Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) Cycle
- Episode 20: An e-Tool for Safer Transitions of Care
- Episode 21: Design to Empower
- Episode 22: Safe Surgery Checklist in Alberta
- Episode 23: The Hidden Pathways of Chronic Illness
- Episode 24: Quality Improvement Projects – Improving Healthcare at the Undergraduate Level
- Episode 25: Quality Improvement Projects – Improving Healthcare at the Undergraduate Level- Part 2
- Episode 26: Leading for Quality and Safety
- Episode 27: Investigating and Managing Patient Safety Events
- Episode 28: Human Factors Evaluation of Spectrum Calgary
- Episode 29: The Impact of Peer Pressure on Medical and Nursing Students
- Episode 30: Healthcare Human Factors
- Episode 31: Patient and Family Centered Care as a Strategy to Increase Safety
- Episode 32: Research and Education in an Evidence Based Ambulance Design Study
- Episode 33: Comparing Adverse Events in Hip Replacement
- Episode 34: Antibiotics Stewardship
- Episode 35: Deprescribing in the Care of Older Patients
- Episode 36: Choosing Wisely Canada
- Episode 37: Built Environment Design
- Episode 38: Pressure Ulcers
- Episode 39: Red Flag Warning Signs in Headache
- Episode 40: Online Clinical Pathway
- Episode 41: Patient Safety Culture and Climate
- Episode 42: The Virtual Ward
- Episode 43: Advance Care Planning as Safety Issue
- Episode 44: The Rise of Simulation in Healthcare
- Episode 45: Medication Safety in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Episode 46: Safe Drug Therapy in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Episode 47: When should you visit the Emergency Department?
- Episode 48: Health Care for Newly Arrived Refugee Families